Tuesday, April 10, 2012

5 mics a DAY... HOW???


Yesterday (Monday) I got to do 4 open mics. Which for those of you who know me, know it’s normal for me. The only way to keep a high average of stage time a week is to WANT IT REALLY BAD. I chose comedy over everything else. My hang out places is comedy clubs, and on my free time I’m on facebook. What?
My writing process is a bit strange, my day of writing is Friday. That means I just sit and write fucked up things that bother me or happen to me. I write everyday, but only on the premises level. I develop them to jokes later, mostly on stage..and at home with shit music in the background.
So I meant to finish what I wrote but it’s already 1.30 on a Tuesday, so technically it’s Wednesday.. Today I got to hit 5 mics. I did one place twice “Bar 82” which I got really good feedback which was strange because allot of them were old. But cool. You know? That open mic started at 4!! Which is way too early but I did it, I got out of the house at 3.30.. which is impossible when u have a real job.
Then I went to “Eastville Comedy Club”, started at 6pm (normal I guess), sign up started at 4. I had a great time, I saw a comic from LA which is always exciting.. Then I walked 30 blocks to “$3 Tavern”, started at 8, it was a lottery so I went up around 9pm, nobody laughed from none of my shit, not my problem. Then I went to see a friend at Gotham Comedy Club, at 10:00, she was good. LA comics definitely have different style than NY. I can tell. Then at 10:45 I took I quick cab to the “Pit” which wasn’t’ far from the Gotham. The Pit has a late open mic, starts at 11:00, lottery as well. I gotta say, I was pretty tired, and it’s only 2 min! So honestly get your set in after such a long day in 2 min, was a bit difficult for me. Plus the whole stage thing is weird because the crowd looking down on you, which made me a bit confused, because usually it’s the opposite. But I like the Pit. Mostly on Sunday, I think the stage there is better. There were 34 comics. And some crowd. It’s definitely a great open mic.
I have ALL my sets on CAMERA. I will go over them tomorrow if I have time. I hate watching my self but I got used to it.. it’s part of it. I getting lost much last, and I have a new joke I’m really excited about. I’m very passionate about what I do, and really all I want is to make ppl laugh and GET PAID FOR IT.
G’night.
R

No comments:

Post a Comment