Sunday, April 8, 2012

My first week in NY

First week in New York went by really fast. I did about 6 open mics and performed in 5 different places. I get lost all the time, how am I suppose to know where is west if I’m on an Island?
I was happy to find out my jokes work here too. Open mics in New York are great for the only reason that comics actually listen to you during your set. Between LA and NY I would have to say if you start out in LA chances are you’ll give up because most of the time you feel like you’re talking to yourself. Did I really just paid 5 bucks for that? Wow.
LA is way more fancy, fancy clubs, fancy people. Here it’s more about comfort and having fun. Less plastic on the street. Allot of night life, bars, pubs, clubs which isn’t my thing right now. (I’m broke).
To get up here on open mics it’s about 5 bucks, some rude bustards ask for more- Don’t you know comics are broke? Most of the place YOU DON’T GET A DRINK for your 5 bucks. So honestly, if you do a mic, do yo jokes and stop fucking around. And for those of you who don’t do comedy, yes, comedians have to pay to get up and entertain… LA is better on that part.
Girls in NY are funny, I see less black comics, more Jews, I’m not sure how much I like that, but oh well. So far my favorite place to do an open mic is One & One Bar on Sat’s. It’s awesome crowd, very intimate, always (been there twice) packed, and very supportive. (It’s 4 bucks).
It’s easier to get up during the week. The weekend is more difficult because it’s all email sign up and I’m on nobody’s email list so far. SO THIS SUCKS. But oh well I guess I could use the rest.
OKAY, it’s 7:00pm on a Sunday, I’m off to the PIT. You get 4 min and it’s free.

Holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment